Fly to the breathtaking volcanic crater of Mt Batur via Tanah Lot temple on the West coast. We reach Mt. Batur volcano after 30 minutes of flight time over diverse landscape. This crater is the remains of a huge explosion that occurred thousands of years ago. Lake Batur, Bali's largest lake, is situated within this crater, next to a younger active volcano. The small volcano is constantly recreating itself in periodic eruptions of ash and rock. We explore this I sometimes-smoking volcano by circling the crater. Proceeding East we then fly over Lake Batur and past Mt. Abang, reaching Besakih temple, Bali's biggest temple complex. The Helicopter now starts to climb to an astonishing 11,000 ft, to reach the crater of Mt. Agung. Upon reaching the top, we circle the crater and then start to descend towards Besakih Temple at the foot of the mountain. In the distance Mt. Rinjani on the neighboring island of Lombok is visible on a clear day. On the return journey to the Heliport, we pass numerous rivers, valleys, hotels and villas and of course luscious rice fields. Prior to landing, the route takes us via the Eastern coastline to see the beaches of Sanur and Benoa harbour.
All of our pilots are Western pilots, either from Australia, New Zealand or Canada and are very experienced operators, strictly guided by Indonesian Aviation Laws – Your safety is assured.
If you plan to take photographs we recommend wearing darker colors to reduce any window reflections.
- Mineral Water prior to departure
- Photo opportunity upon take off at the Heliport.
- Free hotel pick up for private charter flight from Nusa Dua, Kuta, Legian and Sanur.
- All charters and hotel transfers require passengers are to be ready at the Heliport or at your point of departure at least 20 minutes prior to your departure time.
- A total payload limitation applies for total passengers and luggage (total max payload 347kg)
If your group exceeds the payload limitation or exceeds the maximum numbers of passengers per flight, the flight will not operate. A total payload limitation applies for total passengers and luggage.
- All flights and/or routes are subject to pilot's discretion, weather permitting and route traffic.